A desktop crypto wallet … What is that?
A desktop crypto wallet is a program that allows you to manage your cryptocurrency assets from a PC or a laptop. These wallets are easy to use, they are stable and secure. If you often send cryptocurrency payments from your personal computer, then a desktop crypto wallet is a great option for you.
- Ability to generate public (bitcoin address) private keys and/or seed phrases.
- Unlike some web versions, this kind of wallet gives you complete control over your keys and funds. The keys are stored on your computer.
- User-friendly interface.
- Different additional options. Such as sending a single transaction to multiple addresses or creating a digital signature.
- Convenient for managing a large number of crypto wallets
- The disadvantage of desktop wallets is the lack of mobility.
- Some desktop wallets have security breaches. They store backup files that an attacker can gain access to “wallet.dat”. This is useful for recovery, but not secure. Everyone decides for himself what is more important — backup files and the possibility of recovery in case of loss of seed phrases or security.
Can a desktop wallet be 100% secure?
Some people believe that desktop crypto wallets are more secure than their mobile counterparts, and in some ways it is true. Even though mobile wallets are more vulnerable than desktop ones, they are still can be attacked unless your PC is not protected with additional programs. Without a powerful firewall and a good antivirus system, you will be as vulnerable as any other hot wallet user.
A few rules that will help you secure your wallet:
- Use only trusted networks and remember to secure your personal Wi-Fi (set a reliable password, make Wi-Fi invisible, use VPN);
- Download files to install the desktop wallet from the trusted developer’s site to avoid the risk of downloading a virus-infected file;
- Before configuring and using your wallet, make sure your computer is free of viruses and malware;
- Use the Firewall;
- Encrypt the “wallet.dat” file with a personal password;
- Always backup “wallet.dat” and store it in a safe place;
- Export private key or seed phrase so you can access your funds on other devices in case you have some problems with your computer.
OWNR Wallet desktop app features:
OWNR Wallet desktop app has a user-friendly interface and allows the user to manage multiple wallets in one place. OWNR wallet does not store “wallet.dat”, this does it safer.
This OWNR Wallet desktop app you can:
- Manage all your coins from one app;
- Exchange cryptocurrency at a floating and fixed rate;
- Buy crypto with fiat;
- Managing a large number of crypto wallets;
- Autodiscovery your asset. All the assets from your restored wallet are available instantly;
- Generate new receiving addresses as often as you need, without having to wait till the transaction to the current address completes.
Whether you are looking for a reliable tool for daily operations or the cheapest way to buy Bitcoin, OWNR has it all covered.